Chief Development Officer
Catholic Theological Union (CTU) is seeking a Chief Development Officer. CTU is an internationally recognized Catholic graduate school of theology and ministry located in the urban university neighborhood of Hyde Park, Chicago (www.ctu.edu). The school provides an array of graduate programs and works in collaboration with the ecumenical Association of Chicago Theological Schools. CTU intends to further advance an already robust development effort that includes an annual fund, active grantmaking, and a strong major gifts program. The Chief Development Officer reports directly to the President and works in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications and the Office of Enrollment Management. Candidates for the position should be comfortable within the environment of a Catholic school of theology, have proven executive experience in fundraising or related activities, be able to work in a collegial fashion, and demonstrate creativity and initiative. The search will continue until the position is filled. Potential candidates are invited to send as soon as convenient a letter of interest and a resume to or to seek further information from:
Office of the Chancellor
Rev. Donald Senior, C.P.
Catholic Theological Union
5401 S. Cornell Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
Phone: 773-371-5421; FAX: 773-667-6452;
Library Assistant—Night and Weekend Assistant
The Library Assistant (Night and Weekend Supervisor) works under the supervision of the Office Manager and Library Director and is responsible for work related to the general operation of the Circulation and Reserve Desk during the library’s night and weekend hours. The work hours, to be split between two Library Assistants, are 4PM to 10PM M-Thurs, 11AM-4PM Saturday, and 4PM-9PM on Sunday.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Open and close the library as necessary.
· Staff the Circulation/Reserve desk as scheduled.
· Perform general circulation duties such as checking library materials in and out and verifying user status.
· Shelving books.
· Cleaning the library.
· Processing new books and other material.
· Answer incoming phone calls; take messages as appropriate.
· Collect fines and fees.
· Maintain user records in library’s Voyager system.
· Perform general research assistance as needed; provide computer assistance as necessary.
· Help maintain printers, scanners, and other equipment.
· Perform pick-up and walk-through of library at closing.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Abilities
· Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software.
· Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
· Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, CTU’s community and the public.
· Ability to learn new computer applications.
· Ability to provide customer-oriented service.
· Ability to perform routine maintenance on copiers, printers, and other equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to retrieve and transport library materials from the shelves.
Required Minimum Qualifications
· High school graduate.
· Computer literacy and previous experience using Microsoft Office Suite and internet web browsers.
· Prior work experience providing service to customers.
Interested parties should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.