International Women's Scholarship
Overview of the International Women's Scholarship Program
Catholic Theological Union (CTU) offers a limited number of full-tuition scholarships to lay women from developing countries who want to enhance their existing ministerial experiences through the study of theology. These scholarships cover tuition, housing, health insurance and a book allowance, as well as provide a personal stipend for up to two years. Applicants may choose from the following degrees: Master of Arts in Theology, Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies, Master of Arts in Biblical Ministry, Master of Arts in Hispanic Theology and Ministry, Master of Arts in Intercultural Ministry, Master of Arts in Justice Ministry, Master of Arts in Liturgy or Doctor of Ministry programs (Master of Divinity does not qualify). Please visit www.ctu.edu for more details.
This scholarship is available to women who are willing to enter into an educational partnership between the community in which they minister, themselves and Catholic Theological Union. The terms of this partnership center on a firm commitment to serve the Church in one’s country of origin upon completion of the educational component.
The following requirements must be met in order to be evaluated for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be accepted as a student to CTU before March 7, 2016
- A bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge of the English language
- A one-page personal statement describing why the applicant deserves this scholarship and how they hope to use their CTU theological education when they return to their country
- A statement of commitment to serve the Church in one’s country
- A statement from a church, community, or faith-based organization willing to enter into an educational partnership with CTU and the International Woman Scholar
- A statement from a sponsor indicating willingness to financially support additional emergency expenses, up to $3,000 U.S. dollars
- Completed scholarship applications must be received by CTU no later than March 7, 2016.
To apply, download a copy of the application, fill it out, and submit to the Recruitment Office. Scholarship applications are due by March 7, 2016. Be advised, however, that applicants must be admitted to CTU before this date.
Emailed submission (attachment): email@example.com
Faxed submission: 773.371.5452
Mailed submission: Director of Recruitment | Catholic Theological Union | 5401 S Cornell Ave | Chicago, IL 60615
Application will be posted soon.
If you have questions, or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.