Catholic Theological Union has been recognized by the Illinois Department of Higher Education since 1967 as an approved degree-granting institution. CTU offers nine degrees, which are fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS):
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
- Master of Arts (Theology) (M.A.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
Professional Ministerial Master Degrees
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (M.A.P.S.)
- Master of Arts in Biblical Ministry (M.A.- B.M.)
- Master of Arts in Hispanic Theology and Ministry (M.A.- H.T.M.)
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Ministry (M.A.- I.C.M.)
- Master of Arts in Justice Ministry (M.A.- J.M.)
- Master of Arts in Liturgical Ministry (M.A.- LIT)
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Ministry (M.A.- SpM)
Catholic Theological Union’s master degree programs are shaped by an innovative curriculum that integrates four key components: pastoral practice [P], theological methods, or the art of doing theology [A], the nature of religion, its diversity, and how religious experience is culturally conditioned [R], and tradition [T]. Four Foundational Courses provide a wide overview, each emphasizing one of the aspects of P-A-R-T. This curriculum models the interrelatedness of theological and ministerial disciplines, and interweaves theory with practice. The result is a comprehensive, integrative theological education for ministry in an increasingly globalized world, and a solid foundation for effectiveness as a minister in the Catholic Church.
Which CTU program is right for me?
Catholic Theological Union recognizes and understands that deciding which program to pursue - the best fit given one's interests, passions, and career goals - takes information-gathering and reflection. To assist prospective students discern what CTU offers, the resource below overviews our programs, their focal points, and career considerations.
Please click here to download the "Which CTU program is right for me?" flyer.
For more information contact: