Staff and Student Reflections
CTU rejoices in the beatification of Archbishop Oscar Romero on May 23. As Archbishop of San Salvador, Oscar Romero vocally opposed government oppression and social injustice; he was assassinated for his beliefs on March 24, 1980.
CTU established the Oscar Romero Scholars Program to support the education of Latin@ ministers in the Archdiocese of Chicago in 1994. The mission and vision of Oscar Romero continues to inform our program. Watch a short video of Marco Lopez, Director of the Romero Program, speaking about the life, work, and legacy of Oscar Romero. Click here for student reflections.
- IN THE MEDIA: Oscar Romero Scholars Program Director Marco Lopez quoted in Catholic New World
- ON THE RADIO: A. Gerard Jordan, O Praem, MDiv 2015, reflects on the legacy of Rev. Cyprian Davis, OSB
- In The Media: "The House for Men and a House for Families" at CTU is mentioned in Global Sisters Report
- FACULTY ACCOMPLISHMENT: Robin Ryan, CP, has recently published book "Jesus and Salvation" (Liturgical Press, 2015)
- ALUMNI NEWS: Alumni Xiomara Mendez-Hernandez joins Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican as a Chaplain
- In The Media: CTU alumna and Iraqi Christian leader, Sister Diana Momeka, OP, testifies before Congress