Application & Costs
Who can Apply
All candidates must be a current or potential formator for a religious institute or diocese. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent ministry experience and be proficient in English.
When to Apply
Applications are processed in the order they are received. If you are a non-US citizen, please plan to submit your application as early as possible because of the time required to secure documents and visas. Residency begins in late August and continues through mid-May with a three-week Christmas vacation from mid-December to early January. IRF participants are required to reside on campus due to the community nature of the program.
- Tuition, room, board and workshop fees total $22,075.
- This includes tuition and all program costs plus room & board which includes: a private room, private bath and full meal plan of three meals daily.
- Holy Land Retreat: Cost To Be Determined (Estimate: $3,900)
- Optional Holy Land Retreat, which is conducted by biblical scholars from CTU. This experience provides an unmatched integration for formation directors who will live the Scripture with new understanding. (Contingent on access to visas.)
- While attending the Institute of Religious Formation, all participants must have health insurance. If a participant does not have health insurance through his or her institute/diocese, she or he may purchase it through the health plan of Catholic Theological Union/University of Chicago.
- Additional personal expenses such as books, spiritual direction, and English language classes.
- All fees are subject to change