Application and Costs
The tuition for the 2013-2014 academic year will be $9,850.00 per semester,* which includes all learning modules, room and board (breakfast, lunch and dinner), and weekly theological reflection in a group setting. If you require a US student visa, please note that there are costs associated with this process, including a SEVIS paid to the US government.
About Room and Board
The program is housed in the newly-renovate Residence Hall and Student Center located at 5401 S. Cornell Avenue. This building was the former Aragon hotel and has now been restored to its classic original architecture with updated modern amenities.
- Each program participant is provided a spacious private room that is fully funished. Each room has a private bath, a walk-in closet, a telephone, and individually controlled air-conditioning and heat.
- Bed linens and towels are supplied by the Hesburgh Sabbatical Program and laundered weekly
- Sabbatical participants generally take all of their meals in the CTU cafeteria on the first floor of the Residence Hall.
In addition, all participants have access to:
- A free wireless network
- A common lounge on the same residential floor with a television, DVD player, VCR, and CD/cassette player
- A large, fully-equipped, common kitchen
- Two laundry rooms (at no additional cost)
- CTU's Bechtold Library
Note: The following items are not included in the costs: parking, books, growth counseling, spiritual direction, fitness center memberships, and personal expenses.
- Indoor, on-site, 24-hour parking is available at $300 for four months.
- Prepaid phone cards are available for purchase in the area and are usually less than the Chicagoland telephone fees.
We look forward to you joining us for the Hesburgh Sabbatical Program.
*costs subject to change without notice