Center for the Study of Consecrated Life
Symposium: "Community Life and Mission: Toward a Future Full of Hope"
The Symposium: "Community Life and Mission: Toward a Future Full of Hope" took place at Catholic Theological Union from Feburary 5-6, 2016. More than 220 religious of different ages, congregations and cultures attended the event.
The following videos are available:
We are grateful to Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for their generous support of our events in this Year of Consecrated Life!
CSCL Fall Conference: "The Global Call of Religious Life Today"
The conference "The Global Call of Religious Life Today" took place at Catholic Theological Union from October 15-17, 2015. About one hundred religious of different ages, congregations and cultures attended the event.
The following videos and podcasts are available or will be forthcoming:
Panel: Global Calls from US Perspectives (podcast)
- Sr. Leanne M. Jablonski, FMI: “’Laudato Si,’ Ecological Insights and our Charisms: A Tri-focal Lens for Dialogue On Care for Our Common Home.
- Ms. Jo-Ellen Karstens, Focolare: “From Encounter to Community - Consecrated Life and Interreligious Dialogue”
- Fr. Dave Kelly, CPPS: “Beyond Violence and Trauma: A Ministry of Hospitality and Accompaniment”
- Fr. vanThanh Nguyen, SVD: "The Changing Face of Religious Life Through Migration"
Fr. Benigno Beltran, SVD: “Cry of the Earth, Cry of the Poor - The Global Call of Religious Life in Asia” (video)
Some words about the conference from our participants:
-- Christa Parra, IBVM, Student at Catholic Theological Union
-- Kevin Mannara, CSB, Scholastic with the Basilian Fathers
"Conversations We Must Have in Religious Life Today" - Part II (Sep 23, 2015)
At our second event of "Conversations We Must Have in Religious Life Today," the six presenters explored the five topics below more deeply.
"Conversations We Must Have in Religious Life Today" - Part I (Apr 14, 2015)
Our first event about "Conversations We Must Have in Religious Life Today" took place at CTU on April 14 and was a great success. A variety of religious of different age groups and cultures engaged in table conversations about the following topics:
- Befriending the Poor, Inside and Out (with Sr. Joanne Jaruko Doi, MM)
- Living the Vows in Response to the Ecological Crisis (with Sr. Dawn Nothwehr, OSF/Sr. Mary Frohlich, RSCJ)
- Community: A Life To Be Lived - Awakening Hope, Courage and Mercy (with Sr. Maria Cimperman, RSCJ)
- Interculturality And Religious Life (with Fr. Roger Schroeder, SVD)
- Living Paschal Mystery Amidst Changing Realities of Consecrated Life Today (with Fr. Robin Ryan, CP)
Inaugural Event and Dedication on February 12, 2015
Dear Friends and Community of the Center for the Study of Consecrated Life,
Thank you to each and all who were able to join us at CTU for the Opening of the Center for the Study of Consecrated Life!
Almost 300 persons were present; the energy was palpable. The afternoon and evening included two presentations (Fr. Bob Schreiter, CPPS, “Re-Imagining Consecrated Life in a Changing World” and Sr. Maria Cimperman, RSCJ, “Hope Encounters: Consecrated Life For Our Time”), sharing with one another in small and large group conversation, a beautiful evening prayer, a blessing of the Center and the Director and a celebratory reception.
Thank you for all your support and encouragement, whether you were able to join us in person or in spirit.
The tone of the gathering and of the call to consecrated life is HOPE. Let us live this gift with JOY!
The videos of both speakers have been posted on our website under "Resources."
shalom and gratitude,
We welcome your interest and support, and ask that you help us share this exciting news!