The Bernardin Scholarship provides graduate theological education to those inspired by and drawn to the vision of Cardinal Bernardin. The full tuition scholarships are available to top students from around the world who are committed to preparing for ministry and leadership in service to the church and the world. Students must be accepted in the Master of Arts (Theology), Master of Arts in Biblical Ministry, Master of Arts in Hispanic Theology and Ministry, Master of Arts in Intercultural Ministry, Master of Arts in Justice Ministry, Master of Arts in Liturgical Studies, or the Ecumenical Doctor of Ministry degree programs at Catholic Theological Union (CTU).
Bernardin Scholars augment their academic studies by focusing on one of Cardinal Bernardin’s Signature Issues:
- Reconciliation and Peacemaking
- Interreligious Dialogue (especially Jewish and Muslim)
- Consistent Ethic of Life (healthcare and pastoral care of the gravely ill)
- Leadership Development for the Catholic Church
- Catholic Common Ground Initiative
- Youth and Young Adult Programming
Former Bernardin Scholars have gone on to assume influential positions in healthcare, publishing, education, affordable housing, and ministry.
For more information about the Bernardin Scholars program, contact: