CTU welcomes those enrolled at other institutions to study with us. Many times visiting students are interested in taking a class/es at CTU to supplement their experience elsewhere.
Members of the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS)
If you are taking classes at an ACTS institution, you can register for CTU courses through your Registrar's Office. ACTS member schools include:
- Catholic Theological Union (Roman Catholic)
- Chicago Theological Seminary (United Church of Christ)
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary (United Methodist Church)
- Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)
- McCormick Theological Seminary (Presbyterian Church [U.S.A.])
- Meadville/Lombard Theological School (Unitarian Universalist Association)
- North Park Theological Seminary (Evangelical Covenant Church)
- Northern Seminary (American Baptist Churches)
- Seabury-Western Theological Seminary (Episcopal Church)
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Evangelical Free Church)
- University of St. Mary of the Lake, Mundelein Seminary (Roman Catholic)
For more information about the ACTS consortium visit www.actschicago.org.
Students from Outside the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS)
If you are taking classes at an institution outside of ACTS, you will need to fill out and submit the short-form application for admission. The short-form application for admission should be used by students who do not wish to become full CTU students. Those interested in pursuing CTU continuing education, certificate, and/or degree programs should apply using CTU's standard admissions process.
Students enrolled at an institution not a part of the ACTS consortium who wish to take classes as a visiting student should:
1) Fill out and submit the short-form application for admission
2) Submit a letter to the CTU Admissions Office from your current school's Registrar's Office confirming you are enrolled and in good standing academically and financially
3) Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee to the CTU Admissions Office