You will be welcomed many times over in the next few weeks. We genuinely mean it!
We want you to feel welcome. Be at home!
The next few weeks will undoubtebly be a bit stressful. You'll settle in, I promise. We think you'll even come to love this community!
To assist in easing some your fears about "beginning anew," here are some reminders and resources that may be helpful.
- New student orientations are scheduled for Wednesday evening (August 28) and Thursday morning (August 29). For online, distance learners, we're holding an online (webinar style) session Thursday evening. For more information and details about new student orientations please visit the CTU calendar here. If you have questions about these sessions or need to RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Instructions for course registration have been included in admissions letters. You may also contact the Office of the Registrar at 773.371.5453 or email@example.com for assistance.
- Text books can be purchased from MBS Direct, CTU’s official bookstore vendor. You can access the course book lists and buy directly from them. Click here to learn more.
- Housing is still available in our Residence Hall, located directly across the street from our Academic Center, are still open for the 2013-14 academic year. More information about housing and an application form can be accessed here.
- General Scholarship funds continue to be available. We encourage you to apply! Download the application here.
- Information on the application process for Federal Student Loans can be found at http://www.ctu.edu/federal-aid. If you wish to apply for student loans, please plan to initiate the process ASAP so that your application may be processed in time for the fall semester disbursement date.
- Looking to secure a parking permit? Need information on using University of Chicago's wellness facilities? For all CTU has to offer, please consult the Student Services Guide here.
- Welcome back events have been planned during the first and second week of classes. Please consult the online event calender for details on the Welcome Back Bash, opening Mass of the Holy Spirit, and more.
- The Information Technology Department is able to assist with computer and network issues you may be experiencing. To contact the help desk email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or visit them in the library on the 4th floor during business hours.
- If you are experiencing personal struggles and challenges as you begin the semester, please seek out an Emmaus Staff member to assist you. Emmaus staff are trained to work with any student who may be having difficulties. To contact an Emmaus Staff member, please call 773.371.5447 or email email@example.com.
If there is anything else we can do for you as you settle in, please let me know. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 773.371.5523.
Please, be at home!
Ryan J. Hoffmann | Senior Director of Enrollment Management