Master of Arts in Justice Ministry
Master of Arts in Justice Ministry (36 credit-hours)
This degree provides ministers with expertise in dealing with theological and pastoral issues related to reconciliation and peace-making processes within the Church and the world. It is possible to concentrate studies in one of the following areas: environmental justice, racial justice, reconciliation, or social justice.
Distance Learning Option
Up to twelve credit-hours may be earned entirely online. Other courses may be offered in the blended format of both on-site and online coursework.
Educational goals and outcomes for students
• Attainment of a solid grounding in Catholic theological warrants for justice in a globalized world
• Attainment of a specialized knowledge of one issue area: environmental justice, racial justice, reconciliation, or social justice
• Attainment of a set of practical skills that enables the employment of best practices in ministry for justice
• Integration of theological knowledge, skills in issue analysis, and ministerial practices for justice ministry
All applicants should have an undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
|Course of Study||Credit-hours|
|Foundational and Introductory Courses:|
|FP4001: Theology and Practice of Ministry||2|
|FR4001: Religious Experience in Context||2|
|Introduction to Old Testament||2|
|Introduction to New Testament||2|
|Area Course Requirements:|
|E4000: Introduction to Moral Theology||3|
|EMP4100: Catholic Social Teaching||3|
|D4XXX: Survey of Systematic Theology||3|
|E4003 Social Analysis for Pastoral Praxis||2|
|Electives Focused on area concentration||12|
|Ministry Practicum and Capstone:|
|M4204 Ministry Practicum (1 semester 8hrs/week)||3|
Additional Program Requirements
• The following non-credit workshops are required: Virtus Training, Issues in Human Sexuality, Professional Standards, Ministry Practicum Orientation & Interview, and Ministry Practicum Orientation and Theological Reflection.
• Participation in appropriate spiritual formation program.
For more information contact: