One of four Catholics appointed to WCC Commission
Cardinal Kurt Koch, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity at the Vatican, has appointed the Rev. Stephen Bevans, SVD, to a four-year term to the Commission on World Mission and Evangelization at the World Council of Churches (WCC). He is one of four Catholics appointed to the Commission, which meets every 18 months. Fr. Bevans is the Louis J. Luzbetak, SVD, Professor of Mission and Culture at CTU.
CTU is committed to working with qualified students to access need and merit-based financial aid in order to make theological and ministerial education accessible. CTU draws on several sources for financial aid--scholarship funds, matching grants, student employment, and loans. Learn more.
- IN THE MEDIA: Dr. C. Vanessa White quoted in article, "How do we cope with unrest in nation, world?" posted on New Catholic World
- FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT: Edward Foley, Capuchin, authors essay "The Homily in the Context of Evangelii Gaudium," posted on Pray Tell
- ALUMNI HONORS: Fr. Thomas O'Meara honored at symposium on Catholic ecclesiology. Fr. O'Meara received honorary Doctorate in Theology from CTU at the 2014 commencement.
- IN THE MEDIA: Antonio Sison, CPPS, has film review of "The Hundred-Foot Journey" posted on US Catholic
- ALUM NEWS: CTU Alum Fr. Maurice Nutt, CSSR, appointed head of Xavier University's Institute for Black Catholic Studies