John Ssenyondo, MCCJ, and Joseph Minh Nguyen, SVD
It is with great sorrow that the CTU community mourns the passing of two of our alumni, Fr. John Ssenyondo, MCCJ, and Fr. Joseph Minh Nguyen, SVD. Fr. John Ssenyondo, MCCJ, was kidnapped in April, and his body was found in a common grave in Guerrero State in southwest Mexico with six other bodies. Fr. Ssenyondo, a Comboni Missionary and native of Uganda, had been working with the poor in Mexico since 2010. Fr. Nguyen passed away on November 14, 2014, after suffering a series of strokes. More information.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
CTU is committed to working with qualified students to access need and merit-based financial aid in order to make theological and ministerial education accessible. CTU draws on several sources for financial aid--scholarship funds, matching grants, student employment, and loans. Learn more.
- FACULTY KEYNOTE: Dr Gina Wolfe reflects on Evangelii Gaudium at inaugural ACTA conference
- IN THE MEDIA: Interview featuring Marco Lopez and Carmen Nanko-Fernandez in Catolico about the Romero and HTM programs
- IN THE MEDIA: CTU Alumn Julia McStravog posts blog "Prayer and Dialogue Bring Christians Together and Make us Better Catholics" for US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- ALUM HONOR: CTU Alum and Augustus Tolton Scholar Christine Riley named the 2014 Bishop Quarter Award recipient for Vicariate III
- IN THE MEDIA: Alum Jennifer Mertens publishes article in National Catholic Reporter, "The gifts of women en route to Rome."